A non-religious festival celebrating Trinity United Church’s 100 years as a landmark in downtown Kitchener. This is a free festival highlighting stories from around the world. Stories are the threads that weave the tapestry of our community. They pass on traditions. They educate. They entertain. Stories celebrate culture and heritage.
> Saturday, June 10, 2006
> Trinity United Church – 74 Frederick St., Kitchener (Google Map)
> Smudging Ceremony: 9:00 a.m.
> Storytelling Festival: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Susie Minto from County Leitrim, Ireland
- Rhea Green – Iroquoian storyteller
- Adwoa Badoe with tales of Ghana
- Isabel Cisterna – Chilean storyteller and performer
- Children’s festival within a festival
- Story exchange by students of K-W Persian School
- James Gordon, singer-songwriter
- Short Story-In-A-Day contest organized by Kitchener Public Library
- Celebrity Guest book-readings, including John Milloy, MPP; Karen Redman, MP
- An interactive literacy marketplace
- Global coffeehouse with storytellers and musicians
For further details:
- Website: www.latitudesfestival.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 519-584-1758.