Share the Gift of Youth
Encourage, support and teach others who are younger than you as well as older.
Child aged 0 to 4 Book: How to Babysit a Grandpa by Jean Reagan
A warm and fun story book, celebrating the special relationship between a grandparent and a child. Filled with funny, and silly tips about grandpa-sitting, young children will love this book.
Find this book at your local library: Cambridge, Kitchener, Region of Waterloo, Waterloo
Child aged 4 to 8 Book: My Grandfather’s Hat by Melanie Scheller
The story of a little boy who was as strong as a bear, as funny as a monkey, and as wild as a tiger. One special day strong, funny and wild Spencer became gentle too, as he became a big brother. Great story for young children who are about to become the older sibling.
Find this book at your local library: Kitchener, Region of Waterloo
- Read a book, or tell a story to a younger sibling.
- Read a book, or tell a story to a grandparent or senior.
- Ask a grandparent to tell you a story of when they were young, then draw a picture of it.
- Teach a younger sibling or relative something new.
- Write a thank you note to a teacher, coach, or mentor.
Thank you for doing good! Tomorrow’s theme is healing.